Things I've learnt this week

  1. How to say "If it is cold, we will not go to China" in Mandarin. 
  2. That there are 12 main nerves that stem from our brain (cranial nerves) and they are visible! (On specimens that is.)
  3. That during WWII, Japanese people living in Australia were placed in internment camps.
  4. A scientific term for chewing is "mastication".
  5. On numerous occasions, I think that things will be way harder than they actually are.
  6. Awkward people are known to focus on the tips of the ears of the person they are talking to.
  7. There are "put on a fun dress and walk in the sun" days and "stay in pyjamas and make a blanket fort" days and both are equally as fun.

P.S. Hello! This is me attempting to figure: How am I enjoying the learning I do at uni? Day to day? Where do I find fulfilment and how do I get more of it? In some ways I suppose it's self-reflection but with an audience, albeit an unknown one. At some point I'd like to express these findings because this sort of stuff is important to me. Stay tuned till then! Thanks for popping by :)












Comments

Popular Posts